January 27, 2014

Welcome Cara!

By Brandi Denison

Please join me in welcoming Cara Burnidge as a co-editor of the blog! I met Cara when we were both selected to present papers for one of the earliest Religion in the American West Seminars at the American Academy of Religion. She wrote beautifully about the transition of Kansas from the Wild West to the tame Midwest, and about Carrie Nation’s role in establishing the idea of Kansas.

Since then, she’s graduated with a PhD in religious studies from Florida State University, and is an active contributor to both this blog and the Religion in American History blog. She is a clear thinker, energetic, and engaged in digital humanities projects. I’m confident that the blog with flourish with her editorship.

Cara will be taking my place as co-editor as I move on towards other projects. She has fantastic ideas for the blog and I can’t wait to see what she and Stan cook up.

2 comments:

Quincy D. Newell said...

Thanks, Brandi, for all the work you've done on the blog over the years. And Cara, welcome!

Brett Hendrickson said...

Ditto what Quincy said!