This Seminar invites proposals for article-length papers to be precirculated for discussion at the Annual Meeting. Papers may cover any subject within the American West and should make clear how the topic enhances our understanding of religion in the American West, our conceptions of American religious history, and/or of religion in general. We provide the following themes as suggestions to think with, but we also welcome papers that challenge existing frameworks and paradigms.
- Religion as/and Western art
- Defining the West and defining religion
- Mexico, Canada, and the American West
- Other Wests
- The diasporic West
- The soul of the West
- Facing east from the West
- Religion and literature in the West
- Imagined landscapes of the West
Update (as of January 25, 2012): The deadline for submissions is now March 8. Use your extra time wisely!